24-24-24


24-24-24
(Hours, My Age and My Roll no.)

This year I turned 24 and it is freezing me out. I forced myself to think that it will be just another year for me, but it’s not.



  1. I am neither in below 23 age group, nor in above 25 age group. This feeling of being caught in-between is not fun at all.
  2. The world is scary and I feel I am not ready for it yet. 
  3.  Yes, am quite so what? That doesn’t show how valuable I am.
  4.  don't have a job, I will get for sure but a promising career? Not so sure.
  5. Half my girl-friends are married and posting their vacation pictures on Facebook, updating their whatsapp DP’s with their husbands.
  6. Here I am, single, still figuring out how relationships are working.
  7. The cute girls are all taller than me, and the hot ones are too short. 
  8. haven't loved yet but these generation kids are lost in it and I can't afford to do it.
  9. 'Society' wants me to do a lot of things - get job, get married, get car, get own house, get hand full figured salary and be a 'good boy', and the pressure is killing me inside with smiling face outside.
  10. I am nowhere close to my dreamed body shape.
  11. If I invite friends for lunch, they will reply as they are busy, with a simple sentence "Not now some other time".
  12. I just can't remember passwords of diff accounts, how hard I try.
  13. Online and offline shopping bills are never ending.  When I realized I was already deep in debt!
  14. Relatives get marriage proposals to home.
  15. Those friends I had few years back, have no clue what happened and how they are.
  16. I am with tummy. Yes, tummy! Wow. Am I really ageing to uncle!?
  17. Half of my body is not as active as it was when I was 18.
  18. Kids today are too smarter than me with IPod and IPad and here I am, trying to adjust with smart phone.
  19. I have not travelled to half the places in my city. I don't even know some places that exists in this city.
  20. My room is full of books from past 23 years.
  21. Responsible at least to do something for parents and grandparents.
  22. I still don't understand about taxes and bank matters.
  23. Running out of age to apply for government job. Losing the Eligibility criteria year by year but no govt job yet.  More than Ur knowledge reservation matters here.
  24.  24 hours a day that is enough to keep picking about my age every day.


Like I said, I turned 24 and it's scaring me out. Every time I think about it, I panic. But then again, I suppose that's how life goes on and things work on.

Life is a lesson, you learn when you live.

In near future, it is exciting to wonder what the future holds for me.
Waiting for the freedom to fly.

     © Kishore Chandrahas Vanam (17/06/2015)

Comments

Popular Posts